i have this conversation with too many people



to be an open book means to be read and skimmed and fingered by dirty, sticky hands. it means to put yourself into everyone's hands and to pray that they treat you right. it means spine cracking, heart wrenching, page turning pain and exhilaration.

it's all about the thrill of new people and those first couple of chapters. its the falling in love over and over.

but its the heartbreak when they get past the summary.

i hear that people fall in love with books they read because they relate and the book makes them feel something but i'm actually the one falling in love with everyone that reads me. because my heart is contained in the pages free for open access and i like the way your hands feel. i like how you trace the line with your finger so you don't lose your place, no one has ever done that before.

each word you read deeper i hold my breath and each word you decide to keep reading i tie a string around it and around your index finger because this is my soul and it feels like we are choosing each other.

kiss the tops of my pages so that i know its real.

whisper beautiful things into the tears in my cover.

softly trace your name into the center of my pages until i can feel your pulse beat in my heart.

i'm giving you my heart and all i'm asking is that you give me as much of a chance as i'm giving you. i'm handing over ever part of me i've ever been or ever dreamed to be and i just need you to promise to love what you read.



Comments

  1. because my heart is contained in the pages free for open access and i like the way your hands feel.

    This literally is the cutest thing and wow. In in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. because my heart is contained in the pages free for open access and i like the way your hands feel.

    This literally is the cutest thing and wow. In in love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts