You hit me like a winter storm but you've never liked the cold, have you?

You feel like  the  winter wind coming at 80 mph and long blades   of damp grass on bare feet.
 
You taste like every word I've ever been too  afraid to say  and blistex chapstick.
You  sound  like every word Ed Sheeran has ever  sung and sidewalk   chalk in the hands of  4 year olds.
 
You're colored with disappointment orange but you also look like tomorrows sunrise.
Your mouth  is more familiar than my math text book,  but  the  textbook makes more sense to me.
You  look like an American Flag shirt in October and  you  feel like the finger  indents on  my flat iron. 
You're the boutonniere I forgot to order and Utah  Valley at night .
You're everything I'm  afraid  of  because you're everything new  and anything exciting.
You are the answers to  all of my questions but I don't listen when you give them.
 
Because you sound like silence and also  turning pages in   Hamlet.
 
You're just like a yellow number  2 pencil or a lone peak student id card
but at the  same time you are the toothpick    fancy restaurants  put in the top  of your sandwich and no one knows why but for some reason that makes it taste better.
 
You look like silent tears as they streak down my cheeks and the bag I sewed in  the  ninth grade. 
 
You're pages 11-15 in my creative writing journal  and an empty purple  binder.
You're all of the fortunes I've  ever kept and  every  mint ice cream cone that I've ever licked.
 
You are  Hufflepuff house.
 
You're the disposable cameras that have  been sitting on  my dresser for years and the one polaroid picture I've ever been a  part of.
 
You're the  edge of the cliff but also  the safety net of water at the bottom.  
 
You're  a baby's first  word and  my last thought at  night.
 
You're  a hot  dog that is safe to eat cold but no one ever  does.
 
You're when my favorite song comes on Pandora but I miss it because    my  mom was calling my name upstairs.
You are every 3 am phone call and the  hurried  9 am        apologies. 

 I  see your face  on every student in the hallways,  but you  reflect their faces in  your eyes.
You're  every lie I've ever told and every dandelion I've ever blown.
 


 
 You're  too many things  to  write because I've  never  been in love.
 

Comments

  1. This didn't make sense but it made perfect sense and it confused me but I related to it, if that makes any sense???

    Seriously, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes. It all makes sense but nothing makes sense and I think this is the definition of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You're a baby's first word and my last thought at night" I love love love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You're colored with disappointment orange but you also look like tomorrows sunrise."

    I love how the color orange is used to describe both a negative and positive. Sooooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You taste like every word I've ever been too afraid to say and blistex chapstick.

    yep. I like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts