tastes like life.

I remember  the first time I used  chopsticks.  it took  me two  hours to  eat my orange chicken and fried rice.

I remember the guy I fell into  on  the metro. he had a beard and smelled like sin.

I remember when my brother got his faith in god award. I think he still has the certificate  somewhere, but not  the  faith to back it up.

I  remember  being okay. I was wearing these same shoes.

I  remember the last time my best friend moved. I  was in fourth  grade and I cried on my porch for hours with my dog. I sang "I miss you" by Hannah Montana over and over again. because that was the  saddest, most heart wrenching song my nine year old heart could think of. I'll  probably do the same thing when  you leave.

I remember you promising that you weren't going to break  my heart. I remember you swearing to  me that this isn't the  end of our friendship. But I also remember your moms words: "I think you should know that you're the only reason he wanted to stay. I also  think  you should  know that he isn't very good at keeping in contact when  he moves."

I remember when my dad pretended to crack an egg on  my head.  we were reading harry potter  5. I was  6 and the  couch  was green. 

I   remember  how tightly my dad hugged me while we both cried when my little sister was born.  We were in room number 6 and the temple was glowing right outside. 

I remember  the first time I doubted God. I remember  being scared. I remember you  holding me in the front seat of your car.

I remember the color orange.

I remember fooling myself into  thinking he was my best  friend, but  I  don't think he really cared that much. actually, I remember it   being my fault.

I remember  the first  time I painted my nails black.                        

I remember the  day my world  ended.  July 31, 2014.  Around 7 pm. I remember that they were most concerned that I was going to  hate them for the rest of my life.

I remember the noise your car was making when you told me this was it, this  was my defining moment.

I remember you being wrong about that though, because I chickened  out.


 

Comments

  1. I love the simple things that you remember like the color orange mixed with the deep stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I remembered the first time I ate with chopsticks but all i know is AMEN to it probably took me 2 hours too. Anyways, loved how specific this post was. Real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY DOESN'T THIS POST HAVE A MILLION COMMENTS BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH IT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts