t-minus six days

I'm tired of mourning in your wake.
This might  be your funeral but I'm the only one dressed in black and you're dancing in  the casket.

We're running out of time-me and you. 
You  and I were never quite a we.

You're leaving soon  and you couldn't be happier.
You're leaving soon but you haven't adjusted your rear view mirror.
You're leaving soon and I can't breathe.
You're leaving soon  and you  say you'll come   back  but you're still 'here' and I haven't heard anything more than your voice on the answering machine in a  while. 

I'll fade from your memory. I'm not  naïve enough to think otherwise.
You'll  forget  my stories and the color of my  eyes   and how  to dial  my phone number.

I still haven't logged off of your Pandora account and I don't think that  I will.
I'll keep the swan  close to my heart because I'm letting you go but there is no way I can let go of you.

That's the difference between  you  and me.

I won't forget about you
because even though  you're leaving soon we use the same laundry detergent.
because you changed me.
because  of God .

I'm sorry I  couldn't  make you  happy  here but shouldn't you  be  apologizing to  me for the gaping holes in my chest, fresh  from the bullets you just fired. It's funny because you promised back in  August you'd never  break  my heart but that's exactly what's happening.

Have fun, though, on your new adventure. 
I'm really happy for you.

But, please, don't make me keep the fish.

Comments

  1. I'm sitting here in awe because I feel like this is what my heart has been trying to tell me for the last month. Aghhhh so many good lines here. Actually no, the whole thing is so so good. I was going to copy some of my favorite lines below but had a hard time selecting the whole thing. This rocked my world. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite posts. Ouch and wow and love and yes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts