i prefer "see you later"

people keep saying goodbye in these posts and that's hurting me a lot more than it should.
but if you really know me you'd know that i'm right in  the middle of the hardest goodbye and i  don't think i can handle anymore.
 
and even if every one of  us keeps writing there is a clear, ringing note of finality sounding in all of our ears.
 
it feels  weird to say goodbye to Jane Addams.
i wonder what the last thing  was that her sister said to her before she died.
 
i wonder if she even had a sister. i'm just starting to feel like i  should know more about the person i've been  hiding  behind for months but that's how goodbyes are. they're frantic and sudden and they make you realize how much you never bothered to ask. because you always think you'll have  more  time.
 
if you really knew me you'd know that i'm a complete pushover. 
you'd know that i was never scared of the dark but i pretended  to  be so that i could get a  tv in my room.
 
if you really knew me  you'd know that i don't actually mind small talk because it keeps my  mind busy. i like to be busy.
 
if you really knew me you'd know that my mom was just  diagnosed with ms. and that i cannot wish on  shooting stars.
 
if you really knew me you'd know how scared i am. you'd know that i lie to fill silences-i hate silence.
 
if you  really knew me you'd know that i want to change the world  but i'm stuck being incredibly average. 
 
 
 
 
 
savanna jones.  

Comments

  1. I'm average like you.

    I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been commenting on my blog from the beginning and I love what you have to say. I can't thank you for what you have done in and out of this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments and words Savanna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an incredible writer just let me say. I related too so many of your words.
    And I agree I prefer see you later too.
    I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "if you really knew me you'd know that i want to change the world" I think you are changing the world. Your blog was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved your blog from the beginning.
    thanks for being honest and real.
    and I'm glad your space bar is fixed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog.
    we should be friends.
    you have a talent and i hope you never stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are seriously so talented

    def top 5

    ReplyDelete
  9. "and even if every one of us keeps writing there is a clear, ringing note of finality sounding in all of our ears."

    Woah chills. Also I've looked up to you since we went to Mountainville together. thanks for everything, Savanna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Savanna, thank you for changing every one of us. I don't think the world would mind being changed by your words. Absolutely breathtaking blog. Loved every minute of it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts