the view from my Hyundai Elantra

I've been driving around the houses in Alpine and I've seen 
rich families,
happy families, 
hanging-on-by-a-thread families, 
daddy-doesn't-live-here families. 

I'm driving in Cedar Hills and I see 
broken families, 
we-can't-talk-about-it families, 
new families, 
it's-time-to-let-go families.

I'm in Highland city and there are 
sad families, 
mom-is-stepping-out families, 
cancer-lives-here families, 
still-in-love families.

I'm driving on my street and there are 
blended families, 
we-miss-our-son families, 
its-better-this-way families, 
we-make-killer-bacon families. 

I'm parked in front of my house and there is 
a we-love-each-other family, 
a mom-can't-do-that-anymore family, 
a we-don't-believe-in-God family,  
a we-are-doing-relatively-good-thanks-for-asking family.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts