im not an artist

i didn't notice the date which i guess is weird for me.

i just saw it though and that felt a little weird. 
by weird i mean it felt a little like a knife to the kidney. 

i don't remember dates as much as i used to because i think he broke me. 

i just realized the tan lines from the bandaids on my heart. 
i removed the bandaids because i feel okay about him again. i feel okay that we weren't. 
i ripped them off when i held his hand and underneath them my heart is soft and pink but the stark contrast is apparent because the rest of my heart is blood red and blistered. 

do you understand now what you did? 


Comments

  1. The part about the tan lines and soft pink-- yes.

    Good luck, dear. At least we know we aren't alone. Thank you for that..

    And this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by weird i mean it felt a little like a knife to the kidney

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i removed the bandaids because i feel okay about him again. i feel okay that we weren't. "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you understand now what you did?


    What a good freaking question you brilliant human

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feeling you get when you remember what the date is, and you remember the significance that date used to have. Its painful. This is quite relatable and I like it.
    "I think he broke me"
    And the whole thing about the band aids on the heart is dope

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts