exhaustion and heartbreak crack me on the same fault lines

too tired for love and for poetry and for feeling.

too tired to remember his eyes or to look you in yours.

too tired to tell you what happened to me because i'm too tired to choke.

too tired to pretend we are anything except broken. too tired for solutions and too tired to dress you up as a hero.

too tired to cry.

too tired to form complete sentences and too tired to answer the questions you won't ask me out loud.

you want the truth and here it is: we are all dying but by the time i get there i don't think there will be anything good left in me to die.


Comments

  1. "Too tired to remember his eyes or to look you in yours" "but by the time I get there I don't think there will be anything good left in me to die." Real shiz right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***too tired to tell you what happened to me because i'm too tired to choke.***
    I feel this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last line. Yes.

    This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last line. Yes.

    This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts