haikus

//for all the boys i have loved

I
you were the first one.
black hair, pine trees, and loose lips
where did you go next?

II
illusions escaped
with you, much too fast to catch
i hear you're dying

III
invisible ink
kissed my hands while you kissed her.
you were my best friend.

IV
your love is akin
to male pattern baldness, dear:
too young and too soon.

V
there is only so much
to do with differential
equations, i'm sorry

VI
together we drove
i only knew you in that car.
our roads divided.

VI (again)
to be quite honest
a three line poem could never
express what i felt

VII
your eyes danced bright with
a certain type of rare fire.
i still love your mom.

VIII
you came back to me
but it wasn't what i thought.
you set me on fire.

VIII (again)
i love you so much
because you know what happened
i need you again. (kiss me softly, please)

Comments

  1. Love love llloveeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. III
    VI
    VII

    Basically rt all but especially those.
    And this is brilliant. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *&$*#%(*#(&$

    ^ my brain exploding

    this was phenomenal. and the whole roman numeral thing just made it 10000x better. wish i would've done that with mine. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VI
    together we drove
    i only knew you in that car.
    our roads divided.

    haikus and boys. haikus and boys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts