Holocaust and Roadkill: Kissing Boys that Don't Care About You

he told me he cared about me and i told him i washed my sheets.
i told you i loved you but i was so cold and your empty love didn't make me warm.
i kept looking to be warm but found out instead that i am dead.
and once you are dead not even the softest kiss makes you warm.
this is what a heart looks like when it explodes.
this is what a heart looks like when it implodes.
when i told him i was dying he didn't answer the phone,
but asked me the next day if it was an implode or an explode.
turns out it was both.
when boys kiss me they ask what I'm thinking about
and once it was roadkill and on sunday it was the holocaust
and that is because when you kiss boys that don't care about you, you die.
and when you cross the road without looking, you die.
and when you believed a certain way in the 1940's, you die.
i'm not trying to steal somebody else's heartbreak,
i'm just robbing their grave,
because i would like a place to lay down
and my sheets smell like him.


Comments

  1. this is really important. the end really got me. the whole thing really got me. I wanted to lie down too and this poem is a good companion to lie down in a grave with. I don't know. words are failing, this is beautiful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say drugs are dangerous, but so are kisses from boys who don't care about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. because i would like a place to lay down
    and my sheets smell like him.

    *snaps*

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i kept looking to be warm but found out instead that i am dead.
    and once you are dead not even the softest kiss makes you warm."

    MMMMM. Truth. Preach.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts