don't tell me that I'll get an answer if I pray.

It's been over a year since we've all gone to church together.
It's been seven month since they told us; seven months since I met you. 
It's been six days since I cried for my mom.
33 days since the ER.
13 days since we last talked.
3 months since  I last tried to really talk to God. 
7 weeks since I went to sunday school.
6  weeks since you left.
5 months and 10  days since the crash.
26 hours since I felt his hand.
2 months since I started giving up.
7 months since the fear consumed me. 
51 days since you said you'd always love me and I'd never have to doubt that.
40 days since I knew that wasn't true.
4 years since I remember a prayer being "answered".
400 days since  I knew. 
16  years since we were sealed. 
7 months since that didn't matter anymore.
51 days since you said those ordinances didn't go away.
131 days since I told you.
131 days since you told me you weren't going anywhere.
31 days since she told me she had the same problem.
14 hours since I went to  church by myself for the 29th week in a row. Excluding October 26th.
4 months and 27  days since you gave me a  wish to  use on my family.
Its been 4 months and 27 days and I still haven't used it.
9 months and 8  days since the AP  calc test.
9 months and 7 days since I read my scriptures on the lawn  of the temple. 
Hours since I decided I can't handle any of it anymore.

I'm just a mess of numbers and none of them add up.
They keep  telling me not to  think with my brain, but I don't know how to  shut it off.
Trust me when I say that I would.
Wanting to believe  and believing are very different things and,
hello?
God?



It's me, again.



Its the eleventh hour
and I think  we got disconnected.

Why am I on  hold?
Why am  I not important?
Why am I still waiting?
Why isn't there any music playing, why is it just  silent?

Allah?
Buddha?
Muhammad?
Christ?
God?
Heavenly Father?
Anyone?

Comments

  1. All hail Savanna Jones
    *peasants bow down*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to tell you that just because you can't feel god hugging you that doesn't mean he doesn't hug you every day.

    And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this was soooo relatable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear, so that post you took back.. Well it was really beautiful.. And that picture about night air.... That hit hard.

    Keep writing. Your words are extremely powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts